Tuesday 23 June 2015

Toilet Disaster

BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR FUNCTIONAL TOILET

On Sunday night, around 12am, my mom flushed her toilet and there was this loud gurgling sound coming out from the toilet. I did the same later to my toilet and the same thing happened. We then realized that the water from the basin isn't going down. My mom told me to ignore it and see if the water will go down by tomorrow.

Thinking that it was only the basin, I went to take a bath in my shower and guess what! The water wasn't going down from there either. I panicked woke my mom up at around 12.30am. The horror happened when my brother flushed the toilet again and smelly black water came gushing out from my shower drainage hole, not only from my toilet, same thing happened in my mom's toilet except she hers comes out with toilet papers! GROSSS. 

Mom scooped all the water using a dustpan into a pail and we drained the water in the common toilet downstairs. YUCK. Long night.    

So according to the plumbers, there is a blockage somewhere down the drain. Drawn here according to my understanding. CAN YOU IMAGINE BOTH GOES DOWN THE SAME PIPE, TALK ABOUT GROSS.


A picture of what happened when the plumbers tried flushing large amounts of toilet paper to find the source of blockage. Now imagine it 3 pails worth of this, that was what we had to clean up last night. 


The plumbing services wasn't cheap too, $800 for them to analyse and unclog the pipe. My aunt kindly paid for it and she said, and I quote, " 钱可以解决的事,不是问题。"

I love her so much, that shall be my new motto in life, to be rich enough to use this quote in the future. And when I'm that rich, in the near future, I'll remember to be generous like her.

So yep, be grateful for your toilets people, fortunately for me, there's a common toilet downstairs. It was already very troublesome for me to go down everytime I need the toilet, can't imagine what those people would do if they live in places with no spare toilets.

No comments:

Post a Comment