Saturday 21 March 2015

"Sorry we dont see rats"




                          "SORRY WE DON'T SEE RATS"

                   

Kida has been pretty sick lately and she lost ALOT of weight. All her fats seems to vanish and I could see her actual skeleton frame. From being the fattest Alpha of the group, she has became the smallest.At her sickest point, she would just sleep or mop around the "basement" of the cage. Mostly sleep. 

So I decided to separate her from the other two and keep her in her carrier because I wasn't sure if she was eating or drinking. Placed her carrier right beside the cage so they could still see/smell each other but at the same time, it lets me control watch Kida's water/food intake. I feed her food 3 times a day and put her back with the other two after dinner. Because she wasn't eating on her own, I pound the pellets down and mix it with soft gooey food like half boiled egg white, baby food (banana and apple flavour) and rice. I thought she would like baby food the most but she actually like the other two. For drinks, she love soya milk and honey. She did drink a little water when I place it in the bowl but I did not see her drinking from the bottle at all. I usually place the "tasty" water for her to drink after each meal, then replace it with plain water after she is done with it.  

Decided to bring her to the vet today because after reading articles online, I figured she has respiratory infection. AND IT SUCKS because there isn't any cure because all rats are born with it. But it seems like a common problem and what the Vet would usually do is to give them antibiotics , Baytril I think, I've seen that name so many times online. With/or Doxycycline[I think].  

BUT! Called 5 vet clinics today and all of them say they don't see rats. I am getting so frustrated! At that point I am so pissed at the vets and myself. I even asked the rat breeder I brought Klover from and she suggest this clinic, I called and the receptionist SNICKERED [yes you, Animal Infirmary] as if it's a joke when I ask if they see rats. Lucky this isn't like some SERIOUS SERIOUS emergency or she'll be dead by now. So anyways, found a vet clinic that has a high possibility but the Doctor only works till 12pm. So I probably have to make an appointment with him another day. Hopefully this Sunday, and hopefully he sees my Kida. 

On a happier note, Kida seems much better today, not sure if it's the natural remedy I found online that I've been giving her for the past 3 days. Found it from A RAT FORUM. She actually looks better, I don't know if its just psychological on my part, but she doesn't look that sickly  [zombie-like] from her eyes. She just looks slightly tired. AND! She didn't just go one corner and sleep when I put her back today. She went all around the "basement" slowly, even hopped at one point, and climbed climbed climbed slowly all the way up into the hammock and chilled there. Hope she continues getting better.   
   


No comments:

Post a Comment