Saturday 21 March 2015

Kida's Update & Exam Survival Kit

Appointment with Vet.

Made a call to Toa Payoh Vet today and made an appointment with Dr Sing. I *think* I made an appointment. When I called, it took someone super long to pick up and at one point I think the call got redirected and a man who sounded very distracted picked up. My guess is it's the Vet himself, but he sounded so distracted, like he was with a patient. Anyways, I asked if I could make an appointment with Dr Sing tomorrow, and he asked me what time, which was pretty weird because aren't the receptionist suppose to tell me an available slot? So I asked if there was any available slot and he said 10am, which I said okay and he said okay, then...I said bye and hung up. IS IT SUPPOSE TO GO LIKE THIS? He didn't take down any details. 

But whatever, I called him. He knew. Worst case scenario, I'll just go in as a walk-in customer then. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it goes well! 


                                           Kida's update.


Brought Broccoli today because I read somewhere that it helps with the lungs. For breakfast Kida ate Beehoon because well.. I bought Beehoon for breakfast and she loves carbo. She finished the whole bowl, something I wasn't expecting because I gave her quite alot. For lunch I boiled Broccoli, mashed them and mixed it with powdered/pounded lab blocks, she didn't eat much of that, maybe because she was already full from breakfast. For dinner (above), spaghetti noodles, boiled Broccoli and I added a litttle (middle of picture) bit of fish from my Fillet-O-Fish. 

            

She is eating right now as I blog. Evidence of her eating noodles and her Broccoli. From her eyes, she really doesn't look that sick anymore. She is still grunting a lot though. She eats really slowly now and doesn't want to eat anything hard. Still have not seen her drink from the bottle yet but I've been watering down all her food. Oh, I also gave her honey this morning. 



Look at the roundness of her belly! In the midst of fattening Kida, I would give some of the food to Korra and Klover too and they've gotten SOOO fat. I got to stop. Heard that overweight rats gets respiratory disease too. Argh. No more carbo for them, just lab blocks and veggies I guess. Hope I'm doing things right.


A* Exam Survival Kit.



Few days ago, decorated a shoe box for AikHwee. Now I've filled it with snacks! But I just found out he doesn't like Twisties. What.. Who doesn't like Twisties... I guess he's just very neutral about it. But I'm just going to leave it in there because I've gotten him so many sweet snacks, it's good to have some salty ones right? Next time I'll get potato chips instead. *Note to self*

He has been really sweet these few weeks. The ring. Bringing me to TeoHeng. Offering to squeeze some time out to go to the vet with me [that didn't happen] and mentioning that he might be able to go to TPY vet with me tomorrow. I really hope he does, although I can tell he really dont wish to be there and he don't understand why I can't go alone. I wish Jamie was here! She'll definitely go with me. I hope everything work out in the end. The Vet visit is making me anxious. I'm really scared that I will be place in a position (again) where I am responsible for my pet's life.

Good thing it just rained, so I dont have to worry about the haze worsening Kida's respiratory problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment