Monday 25 February 2013

Day1 of internship

Today is day 1 of internship !
It shall also be day one of my beauty sleep! Lets see , morning . Woke my baby up at 5am. He must be tired from the work last night. Went to brush teeth, changed. Then dear went to brush teeth and change. Went to Fajar at around 6.12am he drank tehping and I ate toast. Kissed me goodbye after saying " hope I don't get stomped". I took the lrt at around 6.35am. Went lot 1 to get McDonald's after eating toast . Haha need energy for work ! Yoosh !
Reached around 7.20am. Satsatsat. Met Nataniel , think he working at the zoo too. Went to the HR. wrote some stuff , got our lunch coupon and name tag. And punch card . Went to the zoology department , wait for the admin to allocate us . Now I'm in treetops and XiaoJun is under the orangutans. Met Fiqah first who told me to relax and not do anything. Then this guy call SerSeng brought me to get shoes , put down stuff , changed name tag. Brought me to count tortoise. Fiqah then waited as we fed the siamang . Met this cute sweet looking girl call Alicia who is waiting for her A Levels to start . Then I was told to put bread inside this cup when Alicia say " on the forest floor" . Then feed the Monkeys. SerSeng taught me how to feed the otters, but throwing the pellets towards their chest so that they will catch it, then after that , empty it for them to play "mahjong"  . Upper pool are the Angels ( wont bite) and Lower pool are the devils ( bite anyone, anywhere ) . After that we just sat there and they talked . Apparently SerSeng owns rats. Then he taught us how to differentiate monkey safe leaves from monkey-danger leaves. No smell , smelly , bitter smell , all cannot . Sweet , fragrant ones can. After that they brought me to feed the toucan . I can't feed the proboscis monkey cos I'm not in their uniform and it drives the monkey crazy. Now I'm at the zoology resting area . Ate lunch and now they are sleeping. Sam came and told them I wasnt allowed to be in the zoology area because Im not a zookeeper. Bleh .
Went around to get some stuff prepared for the later show. Selected fish for the otters and the tortoise. Put fruits and changed water at the barking deer place. Fed the tortoise by directly placing fish into their mouths , make sure everyone gets it so arowanna dont get to it.
For the second feeding session , feed the barking deer with long beans and kangkong. Fed the otters with small fishes , Fiqah told me to feed while they stand up because they can also check their bodies( injured/pregnant) in the mean time. Give them one each at first , then give them 2 each later . Followed SerSeng to the white tigers later. Alicia is so nice , she said " white tigers...etcetc... thank you to our zookeepers SerSeng and Regine " I flashed her a huge grin afterwards.
Then we went to cut leaves. Smell sweet leaves , Jambu leaves. Fiqah say the monkeys can probably differentiate it themselves , but some people claim that they have been captivated too long to follow natural instincts. -shrugs-
After that , sat around , watch Inda Pee. waited for Fiqah to bathe. Met XiaoJun , Fiqah brought us to the punchcard. Tmr , im going earlier to do the punching. Was fun . Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment